Although we are not physically in class, all NJPAC Policies and Procedures applicable to virtual courses continue to apply. By registering for and attending any virtual NJPAC Arts Education Course, you agree to the following:
Personal Information Sharing Prohibited
- Sharing and/or receiving Personal Information, including, without limitation, phone number, social security number, address, email address, date of birth, social media account address, such as Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Snap Chat, etc. (collectively the “Personal Information”) by any student or the student’s parent or guardian in connection with any virtual NJPAC Arts Education course via Zoom, social media or any other virtual platform is strictly prohibited
- NJPAC is not responsible if Personal Information is shared and/or received by any student or the student’s parent or guardian via Zoom, social media or any other virtual platform during our course
- NJPAC is not responsible for any consequence arising from such sharing and/or receiving of Personal information
- NJPAC cannot call back any Personal Information shared and/or received by any student or the student’s parent or guardian once it has been shared
- NJPAC will investigate incidences and complaints of Personal Information sharing and/or receiving and will take appropriate action, if warranted
Practice Online Safety
- Notify a staff member or parent immediately if you come across information, messages, interactions with any other person involved with, teaching, or attending the class, or images that are inappropriate, threatening, dangerous, or make you feel uncomfortable
- Do not engage with faculty and staff through any social media platform, other than the platform designated for the course. Any communication with faculty and staff outside normal class time should take place through NJPAC emails and phone numbers
- Respect the Center for Arts Education faculty, staff, and fellow students at all times
- Bullying, profanity, discriminatory language is strictly prohibited while using the NJPAC platforms designated for the course
- Discrimination or harassment based on race, creed, color, national origin, nationality, ancestry, age, sex (including pregnancy), familial status, marital/civil union status, religion, domestic partnership status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, atypical hereditary cellular or blood trait, genetic information, liability for military service, protected hairstyle, and mental or physical disability (including perceived disability, and AIDS and HIV status) is strictly prohibited.
- Sending sexually explicit photos or messages and “sexting” is strictly prohibited while using the NJPAC platforms designated for the course
Be Prepared for Class
- Attend virtual class fully and appropriately dressed
- Participation in NJPAC Arts Education is a privilege and we hope all students will take full advantage of the experience by concentrating on the activities and applying their energy in a positive manner
- Any and all assignments must be submitted by the provided due dates
For Parents or Guardians of a Student Under 18:
- Parents or guardians must strictly monitor student internet use in connection with all virtual NJPAC Arts Education Course. That includes all provisions contained in this Acceptable Use Policy. The best way to keep students safe and on-task is to have a parent or guardian present and involved
Any failure to comply with the terms and conditions as outlined in this Policy may result in disciplinary action, including removal from the virtual course. In the event you are removed from the course for failure to comply with any of the terms and conditions outlined in this Policy, NO REFUNDS WILL BE PROVIDED.
Students are bound by all NJPAC Policies and Procedures, as well as applicable local, state, and federal laws.